About Us

West Scotland Wing of the Air Training Corps covers an area from Grangemouth in the North to Castle Douglas in the South, Dunoon in the West and Bathgate in the East. It was formed in 2011 from the amalgamation of Glasgow and West Scotland Wing and some squadrons from what was Edinburgh and South Scotland Wing.

Currently West Scotland Wing has over 900 cadets serving in 29 Squadrons.

The previous Glasgow and West Scotland Wing was formed by the amalgamation of the Glasgow City Wing and West of Scotland Wing on 7 June 1948. It comprised 19 Squadrons of which 11 are still in existence today. At the end of 1974 the Wing took over responsibility for the northern Squadrons within the Dumfries Wing prior to it's disbandment in 1975.

The wing consists of an administrative headquarters located in Paisley with twenty nine squadrons throughout.

The Cadet Centre, Paisley TAC, 65 Hawkhead Road, Paisley. PA1 3NE | Phone 0141 887 3111 | Fax 0141 887 9555